This course is currently not running. Please contact us to join the mailing list for updates.
Autumnal Magic by Korona Lacasse (some rights reserved)
A 2 day course to top up to your level 2 Certificate in Forestry (RFS Cert Forestry theory)
19th of March and 23rd of April 2016 at Bedgebury Pinetum, Kent. Book now to secure your place (limited places remaining). Delivered over 2 Saturdays with some homework required to complete the unit.
- those who already have their ABC level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture. If you don't have it already, you would be more than welcome to join us, although you would not yet be ready to qualify for a Certificate in Forestry.
- those who plan to work in forestry or would like to increase their knowledge of tree, woodland and forest management. It has been designed for those people working in forestry, in both the public and private sectors, to complement their training and experience, and to provide evidence of their knowledge of forestry.
- arborists already working in the field who want to backup their practical experience, progress to higher education in the future, gain some theory knowledge or to progress their employment options.
- arborists or trainee foresters
- mature career changers who want to side step into forestry and arboriculture.
This course is the theory component of the Royal Forestry Society RFS Certificate in Forestry (also a valuable stand-alone qualification).
Portfolio based, theory course (no final exams).
Full certificate content can be viewed here. Offered as standard for this course is the unit "Principles of practical silviculture and habitat management". The level 2 Certificate in Forestry requires the unit "Principles of woodlands, forestry and ecology". If you did not complete this as part of your original certificate in arboriculture, this will be required to qualify. Talk to us for more details.